What we do / Retirement Planning
You have dreams for retirement — but if you’re like most people, you’re not entirely sure how to make sure they come true. Dreaming about the traveling you’ll do one day or the extra time you’ll have with your family isn’t the same as ensuring that you have a plan in place to make these dreams a reality. That’s where Peninsula Wealth comes in.
Everyone’s dreams for retirement are different, and they start by building upon your current standard of living. Our team will work with you to understand your particular vision and build a plan that puts you on a path towards achieving that vision and more. We’ll set goals, invest in the future, and develop a plan for income after your day-to-day work has ended. Whatever your dreams for retirement, what we do together today can help achieve those dreams.
Here are a few things to consider when thinking about retirement:
- How old do I want to be when I retire?
- When will my partner stop working?
- Will I stop working entirely or will I work part-time?
- What will my life look like after I stop working? What will I want to do?
- Will I need to provide for any other members of my family in my retirement?
- What will my long term healthcare look like?
As your partners in retirement planning we’ll work with you to consider:
- Income strategies and pension planning
- Changes to your investment management
- Overall budget and savings strategies
- Tax strategies
- How social security impacts your overall financial planning
- Additional income strategies
- Risk assessment tied to retirement planning
Updated with 2023 contribution limits Most people are familiar with the idea of an IRA - or individual retirement account - as a retirement savings vehicle, but did you know that there are actually several types of IRAs available? All IRAs give investors the benefit...
While health insurance and Medicare may not seem important to financial planning, we know that they are a very important part of planning for your future self and should be considered. Here’s what you need to know about Medicare.