What we do / Retirement Planning
You have dreams for retirement — but if you’re like most people, you’re not entirely sure how to make sure they come true. Dreaming about the traveling you’ll do one day or the extra time you’ll have with your family isn’t the same as ensuring that you have a plan in place to make these dreams a reality. That’s where Peninsula Wealth comes in.
Everyone’s dreams for retirement are different, and they start by building upon your current standard of living. Our team will work with you to understand your particular vision and build a plan that puts you on a path towards achieving that vision and more. We’ll set goals, invest in the future, and develop a plan for income after your day-to-day work has ended. Whatever your dreams for retirement, what we do together today can help achieve those dreams.
Here are a few things to consider when thinking about retirement:
- How old do I want to be when I retire?
- When will my partner stop working?
- Will I stop working entirely or will I work part-time?
- What will my life look like after I stop working? What will I want to do?
- Will I need to provide for any other members of my family in my retirement?
- What will my long term healthcare look like?
As your partners in retirement planning we’ll work with you to consider:
- Income strategies and pension planning
- Changes to your investment management
- Overall budget and savings strategies
- Tax strategies
- How social security impacts your overall financial planning
- Additional income strategies
- Risk assessment tied to retirement planning
As you age, the threats to your health will likely become more prevalent. Your body will become more vulnerable to illness and physical deterioration, which could lead to a rise in healthcare expenses from medications, doctor visits, physical therapy, ambulance rides, and more. If you’re looking to get ahead of these future expenses and lessen the burden you’ll be forced to shoulder down the road (and you qualify), utilizing Medicare may be an excellent option for you.
One of the most common questions our team gets is: “When can I stop working?” Planning for retirement is a major component of financial planning, but it’s not just about having enough funds to support your life — part of deciding when to retire is understanding why...